Attending conferences can be a great way to network with other Business Analysts, keep up with industry trends, and gain insights to help you with your career or current job. Additionally, if you are hold a professional certification (such as CBAP or PMP) or are working towards one, attending some conferences can count towards your continuing / professional education requirements.
Among the conferences you might want to consider attending are (Conference Name links lead to conference web sites):
The Better Software Conferences (East and West) are two of six annual conferences organized by Software Quality Engineering, Inc (SQE). In 2012 the conferences are being held in Las Vegas, NV (West) and Orlando, FL (East) and are running alongside the Agile Development Conferences (East and West) that are also organized by SQE. The 2012 conferences include multiple speakers (the 2012 West conference has 79 different speakers), multi-day training and certification courses, and more.
“Building Business Capability is the only conference that combines insight into Business Analysis, Architecture, Process, Strategy & Transformation and Rules to facilitate creating the agile enterprise. Whether organizations are looking to optimize or transform their business practices, or strategize over a new direction, BBC provides the most comprehensive conference program offering insight and education through a broad range of topics, case studies and tutorials.”
“Business Analysis is growing at a phenomenal pace. Organisations are increasingly recognising the importance of business analysis in achieving successful change and many are investing heavily in developing this capability. The skills and techniques of business analysts are invaluable in shaping and forming business change overall as well as making the most of opportunities presented by new technologies. With the backdrop of a global economy recovering from a deep recession, organisations are in a constant state of fast-moving change and can’t afford to get things wrong. Business Analysis capability is key to identifying what’s needed and developing solutions that equip organisations for the future.
The Business Analysis Conference Europe 2012 provides an unparalleled networking opportunity for Business Analysts from across Europe and beyond. It will provide an interactive forum where Business Analysts can meet, discuss and debate the competencies needed to rise to the challenges faced by their organisations today and in the future. It also provides a platform for promoting the Business Analysis profession and opportunities for Business Analysts personal development. The focus for this year’s conference is on excellence in business analysis practice and how business analysis relates to other roles essential to business improvement.
We have expanded the conference for the second year running to offer more workshops and conference sessions. The tracks for this year are:
- BA Fundamentals
- BA in Projects
- The Consultant BA
- BA and Beyond”
- Europe’s only co-located conferences on Business Process Management and Enterprise Architecture. These events provide a unique opportunity to discover the latest thinking in both BPM and EA and benefit from the synergies between them.
- Designed by practitioners for practitioners. Being neither analyst nor vendor-led, these conferences provide diverse and wide-ranging perspectives on BPM and EA, informed by practical experience.
- Excellent mix of vision, theory and implementation. Discover new approaches and innovative ideas, while at the same time learning from organizations who have benefited from implementing world-class EA and BPM approaches and solutions.
- World class contributors. Learn from the leaders in their field including Michael Rosemann, Roger Burlton, Jeff Scott, Alec Sharp, Mike Rosen, Ron Ross, Sandy Kemsley, Chris Potts, Jason Bloomberg, John Gøtze, Neil Ward-Dutton, Daniel Jeavons, John Good, Kathy Long, Russ Grabb, Martin Sykes, Eamonn Cheverton and many more …..
- Thirteen ‘fast track’ pre-conference seminars. Choose from an unparalleled range of tutorials and workshops on specific topics to get quickly up-to-speed or fine tune your performance.
- Exhibition and networking opportunities. Network with an outstanding group of EA and BPM delegates and speakers. BPM and EA solution providers will be available during the main conference to demonstrate the latest in software and services available and give you the benefit of their insights.
- Get value for money. Choose from more than 50 sessions, with 2 tracks on Enterprise Architecture, 2 tracks on BPM and 1 joint track on Business Architecture. Whether you are just getting started or looking for more advanced knowledge you will find sessions that address issues you are facing and people who can advise you.
The IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference is the “… premier international forum for researchers, educators, practitioners and students to present and discuss the latest innovations, trends, experiences and concerns in the field of Requirements Engineering.”
The Conference is held every year in a different location with the 2012 conference being held in Chicago, IL, USA from September 24th through 27th. You can access links to the various yearly conference web sites below:
- 2013 Conference, in Rio de Janiero, Brazil (page no up yet)
- 2012 Conference, in Chicago, USA
- 2011 Conference, in Trento, Italy
- 2010 Conference, in Sydney, Australia
- 2009 Conference, in Atlanta, USA
- 2008 Conference, in Barcelona, Spain
- 2007 Conference, in New Dehli, India
- 2006 Conference, in Minneapolis / St. Paul, MN, USA
- 2005 Conference, in Paris, France
- 2004 Conference, in Kyoto, Japan
- 2003 Conference, in Monterey, CA, USA
- 2001 Conference, in Toronot, CA
BPM 2012 is the tenth conference in a series that provides the most prestigious forum for researchers and practitioners in the field of Business Process Management (BPM).
Over the past decade, the conference has built its reputation by showcasing leading-edge research of the highest quality together with talks, tutorials and discussions by the most renown thought leaders and innovators in the field. The BPM conference series embraces the diversity and richness of the BPM field and serves as a melting pot for experts from a mix of disciplines including Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Services Science and Technology Management.
Project Summit & Business Analyst World Boston offers a unique experience for attendees, bringing together experts, practitioners, certifying bodies, service and product suppliers from the project management and business analysis disciplines.
We uniquely empower Business Analysis & Project Management professionals with the resources and tools to ensure that projects are clearly defined and flawlessly executed; enabling you to make the right decisions at every level in the organization and increase professional success.
PW&WCBA 2012 stretches far beyond the fundamentals to provide you with the skills you need to succeed in today’s high-pressured business environment. If you are ready to learn how to take charge, reduce risk and deliver results, then this is the year you can’t afford to miss. Your time to achieve more and create value is now.
Through targeted workshops and summits, multi-dimensional sessions, several interactive gatherings and year-round learning through our on-demand web seminar series, PW&WCBA is your foundation to achieve your career goals and become a leader within your organization.
WHY YOU CAN’T MISS PW&WCBA 2012
- New Content Focusing on the World’s Largest & Most Complex Projects
- Main Stage Keynotes featuring SEAL Team Six & World Trade Center
- Earn up to 36 PDUs/CDUs
- Interactive Workshops & Team Building Exercises – Your Space 2012
- Annual PMO Summit
- Annual Agile Summit: Earn Credits Towards the New Agile Certification
- Four Concurrent In-Depth Track Topics
- Year-Round Learning with the PW&WCBA Web Seminar Series
New methods and technologies for software engineering and testing are creating collaboration across the various specialized IT disciplines. QUEST provides a broad range of topics across those disciplines as well as focused sessions by role. QUEST 2012 brings you 5 days packed with classes, tutorials, educational sessions, hand-on workshops, discussions groups, EXPO, and networking events. You can attend one day or all five days.